We spent our time eating amazing food, relaxing, shopping, and seeing the sights.
I got the WORST COLD EVER from my nieces, and....
WE BOUGHT OUR BABY'S STROLLER!
It is beautiful.
It is also so scary buying something so substantial. Why does the fear still hover? Why, at almost 25 weeks pregnant, should I even think twice about buying a stroller? Our baby is healthy, my pregnancy is normal, she moves all the time...and I still make hubby assure me constantly that she's okay. That she will be here with us soon.
Crazy.
Since we bought our beautiful, black and grey Chameleon Bugaboo...

I decided, what the heck, let's get a carseat. I really wanted the Peg Perego Prima Viaggio:

BUT it's $250.00. Kind of alot when they can only use it about it year or so. While I was at Ba.by's R U.S today, I noticed one without the box priced for...$124.00. WTH?! That's only 20 more bucks than the Gra.co snug.ride! When I inquired as to why it was priced so low, I was told that a women returned it after receiving two, that the store didn't carry the seat at that location but they tried to sell it for full price anyway, and that a week ago they just decided to mark it down half price just to get rid of it.
So I bought it.
For 50% off! Even though it was, again, scary as hell buying such a presumptuous, "yes, we're bringing home a baby" item, it was also exhilarating deal of the century, so it kind of made up for it.
So now we have a stroller and a carseat. We ordered the crib bedding...it hasn't come yet, but when it does, we're painting the nursery accordingly.
Things are moving along. Our Birth classes start next week.
I'm really pregnant. This is really happening.
I pray it keeps happening....
6 comments:
Congrats on finding a great deal on the car seat -- and for biting the bullet and starting to buy things! It's a huge step.
Our nursery furniture has come but we haven't arranged delivery yet, and we bought bedding last weekend (plus a bouncey seat and a high chair on craigslist a few weeks ago). It's crazy that we're getting to where it makes sense to start accepting that this is really going to happen.
I just looked back at my preggy calender to double check and I saw that we bought our car seat at 25.5 weeks too. It was scary but exhilarating. For the next several weeks I went into what would become the baby's room to look or touch it at least once a day.
I am so excited for you.
I have the bugaboo and love it! It's light and easy to walk and maneuver. So exiciting! Also regarding your hovering fear-- i think most of us who havent had an easy journey to conceive have the fear. I had it till my baby was born and guess what-- it never goes away- it just changes to something else! : )
Excellent find of a car seat! Congratulations!
Nice looking stroller! It is really happening, and I'm very excited for you!
Hooray for bargains!
Post a Comment