My little baby is 27 weeks old, a little over 6 months now.
She is 20.5 lbs and 26.5 inches long.
Words escape me as to how to describe how amazing she is...amazing how much she has grown just from my breast milk alone.
She is really not that interested in solids, yet- but we're going to try avocado tonight. We've tried the rice cereal, and also some banana- not that impressed with it. She has very sensitive skin, so I think avocado will be a good option to try since it has such healthy fats in it that are great for the skin.
We are having some sleep issues right now that are contributing to my brain fog. She refuses to sleep before 10:30pm, no matter how early I start trying to put her down. She still wants to eat two or three times before she gets up at 8:30-9am. She will not take naps unless I am holding her or she is in her car seat after a long drive.
I try to put her down after I nurse her to sleep, but she either wakes up right away, and is difficult to put back to sleep, or wakes up after a few minutes, crying and wondering where her human teddy bear is. I hate the thought of letting her cry it out, so I'm going to look into the "no cry s.leep s.olution". She's getting so heavy, and it's hard to nap myself if I have to hold her for all of hers!
Other than that (as if that isn't enough:) things are going great. I love being a Momma. It is amazing, wonderful, fabulous. She is a delight, and gorgeous to boot. She sits completely unassisted, rolls all over the place, babbles and laughs with abandon. She reaches for me when someone else is holding her, which is the greatest thing ever. She squeals with delight when her Poppa gets home.
Life is easy and good. We have much to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I can't believe how fast time is flying. It's as if you are catching up to us! I hear you on the sleep issue. Please fill us in if you learn any magic tricks!
She is a cutie! Time is flying by! The sleep with change as I'm sure you've heard. In the meantime soak in these moments, before you know it, she'll be walking! : )
yes, such a cutie!
I love how moms can write about all the difficulties they are having, then remark how great life is! Yes, it is hard (understatement!), but look what you get from it!
Isn't being a mommy just GRAND?!?!?
miss you!
Hi,
I'm making my blog private to invited readers only...if you'd like to be on the reader list, please email me your email address at
awaitingourfirst@hotmail.com
and I'll get you added!
Thanks, Jen
8 months! And, she is absolutely stunning. I relate to feeling vulnerable-it's such a new feeling for me. Sometimes I am overwhelmed.
So Sappy! Happy 9 months sunny little monkey!
Post a Comment