Thursday, April 05, 2007

Give me a baby already

So I think this will be my main blog from now on. I have had a few that I was more regular in updating, and after about 6 months of rebelling against the blogging impulse, I think it is the best interest of both my friends and dear husband that I have an outlet for my pain and angst of not being freakin pregnant already.
I thought it would be easy. After that, I thought it would be in the next 5 months. How many stats say that women age 20-24 have an average time to conception of 5 months?
Then I became irregular. After 4 years of being on birth control I figuered maybe, JUST MAYBE I was one of those women who take a long time to regulate after bc. but it got worse.

Everyone around me happily gestates as I curl up in the fetal position as each period bares her ugly little face. Aunt Flo, as we web savvies call it. More like Aunt Ho.
We are READY. ready, ready ready already! Why is it that as we carefully map out our plans, take our time, and finally (responsiblly) start trying to make a family, people far less deserving of yet another child to add to their clan overpopulate like rabbits? Is there a rule that you're not allowed a child if you plan for it?
I am happy for my friends and their very fertile little families. I just wish they could have a chance to be happy for us.

1 comment:

lisalou said...

I hear you! Wher are our babies already?