I don't know if what I have been doing/feeling lately could be described as "nesting", per se: but I definitely have an undeniable urge to CLEAN everything and have everything ready before our wee one gets here.
This is a VERY strong urge.
One that makes me lay awake at night, hoping we are as prepared as possible.
We got our carpets cleaned yesterday- you know, so that I don't have to be scared to let my baby crawl on them in six months or so.
Heaven. Clean carpets give me peace.
I bought a second hand glider on Wednesday. It had crappy cushions that were both ugly and uncomfortable. I pulled the nasty foam out of the seat, stuffed it with poly fill, and am going to have a friend of mine sew cushy, soft cream colored terry cloth over it, and also make me a pillow for the back cushion out of fabric I found. I put it together, unsewn, to see what it would look like....perfection! I am so excited for it to be finished. total financial damage? $38 for the glider, $25 for the fabric and poly fill.
Awesome.
I have started packing my hospital bag. I bought a nursing bra and tank. Organic baby bottom balm from Earth Mama Angel Baby. An outfit for baby to come home in.
Can anyone believe I'm about to be 35 weeks pregnant??? It's unreal. Every day I pass my 20 week ultrasound pics and can't believe that the little person in them is inside me.
Even with this big belly and constant baby leg stretches and hiccups...I can't wrap my brain around my unbelievable good fortune in carrying this amazing baby that is almost here.
Sigh.
Truly amazing.
I have a baby shower next week- at 36 weeks. And another the next week. I know I'm supposed to start feeling ansy for my pregnancy to be over with at this point ((so I hear,) but I really am not there yet. I can't wait to meet my little stinky butt baby- but I am enjoying every minute of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to carry her inside me.
And the weeks go by so fast! Where do they go?
If I went past 40 weeks, I would be getting ansy, I'm sure. But only because the worrywort inside me would be afraid of aging placenta and stillbirth and induction.
As long as she's safe and snug, I am perfectly content waiting for her arrival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you're nesting to me. Enjoy these last few weeks!!!
OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED!
Post a Comment