Or maybe even LESS! ( hopefully not too much less...but one can hope for a 38-9 weeker, right?)
I can't believe how close we are.
My little wriggle worm is so very active lately. She moves constantly, every hour. And I am getting SO BIG!!
And tired. Oh, the fatigue. Sometimes I feel like a zombie, and only a nap will make me feel human again.
It doesn't help that I'm baking in 105 degree weather and am not exactly sleeping soundly. I literally took a nap at 9am the other day after getting up at 8! For an hour!!! What in the world is going on with my body?
What I have been thinking about lately:
1. hemmor.oids. I have developed a nice little case of these little buggers, and while the condition seems copeable at the moment, I am DEATHLY afraid of the-ehem situation worsening during birth. Does anyone know how I can lessen the shock to my poor hiney?
2. BIRTH. People. I am about to actually give birth, and I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit nervous about it all. The problem with birth is that it is so unique for every women and you can hardly plan for it. The unknown terrifies me. I've been devouring every book I have about labor and delivery, hoping it will prepare me for whatever I may face.
3. PPD. depression runs in my family, and I am afraid of being overwhelmingly sad during the time of my life I have waited for for too long. I don't want to be bothered by depression when I want to be falling in love with our little love muffin. I have also had a few disturbing reoccurring thoughts about harm coming to my belly lately-not self inflicted, but that something will happen to my belly because of my carelessness. I think this is a manifestation of my mind being obsessed with protecting my little belly-buddy for the past 7+ months, and now its on sensory overload with all the things that could go wrong.
These thoughts disturb me and remind me of PPD and thoughts women have of horrible things happening to their babies.
I really hope they go away, because I have been very content with the safety of my baby lately, and I'm ready to have a worry-free pregnancy for the time remaining.
4. I can't wait to have good old not-pregnant s.ex with Hubster. Things just aren't the same with a rambunctious belly buddy gettin in the middle of things.
5. I'm getting a case of tender nips again, a la in early pregnancy. Still not much to report on in the growth department of the girls- what's up with that?
6. I am a little apprehensive about how our lives are about to change forever. I am so excited, and ready, and willing... I just hope the road ahead isn't bumpier than I imagine.
We are so in love with you, little one. It's all too good to be true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very excited for you!!!! Some thoughts: witch hazel is a wonderful thing for hemmeroids, make sure you learn your breathing exercises - even if you have an epidural there is no guarantee that it will fully take. Not from personal experience, but I was at my best friends birth and her epidural didn't work on the top half of her uterus. She still felt contractions there and she tighted up at every one. Bad idea - you need to breathe through contractions and try to relax. I know it sounds wierd, but it works. I went for 21 hours of labor without any pain meds or epidural. And they gave me pitocin after my contractions started to wane. Ouch.
I don't know how to prevent hemorrhoids, but I do know that the medicated numbing cream they gave me at the hospital after Rylan was born was AMAZING! Definitely a must have! As for the birth, may I suggest being willing to go with the flow? I think that is the best advice. PPD is very scary, and I honestly believe that all moms have it in some form or another. Find someone/way to talk through your feelings- I'm just now learning that. Getting really close, I'm looking forward to meeting her! :-)
I am so stoked! Reading this post made me feel so sappy...It was only a few months ago that I felt all of these same feelings and might very well have written this post.
Don''t feel bad about napping. I napped twice a day in the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. Often, my best naps were right after I showered and got dressed for the day.
Your birth will be awesome. And, no matter what happens I bet after it's done you'll think that it wasn't that bad.
Non pregnant sex is lovely but we rarely have time for it now. And, on case your wondering it did feel a bit different the first few times but after awhile all returns to the way it was and it feels like the lovin' your used to.
If you have a good relationship and a supportive hubby, I don't think you need to stress about how thing between you are going to change. We're pretty sleep deprived over here. And, it can get a bit tense when Ruby is upset. But there is more love than ever.
You are going to love it!
wow - so close!
On PPD, the worst thing to be is unaware or in denial, so it is a good start that you are aware that it can develop and will likely recognize it if it shows up. If so, TALK about it. Tell friends, tell your doc. Don't hate yourself for not being blissful.
Post a Comment