Hubster's office had a baby shower for us yesterday.
We got a boppy bouncer, baby monitor, baby jammy yumminess and some cute clothes, too- it was so sweet of them. I couldn't believe we were having a shower...are we really having a baby?
What I thought were braxton hicks turned out to be half braxton hicks, half of the time...and the baby's butt the other half. ha. When I went in last week for my doctor's appointment, I inquired about them, and she asked me to describe what I was experiencing. "well," I said, "I'm having one now." she felt my belly and announced, "that's the baby's butt."
funny and relieving.
Apparently there isn't much covering the baby's bony parts at this point, so when she balls up, it feels like a contraction. Especially since she is also simultaneously pressing on my back a bit, giving me some discomfort.
Still pretty cute. Now when she does it, I give her a little spank. ;)
I'm starting my "every two week" appointments now...exciting!! I cannot believe how fast this is all going. I'm just about 31 weeks right now...nine or less to go!!! WTH!!!
Let's just resonate with that for a second.
Okay.
I'm still taking iron, but trying to take half my dosage plus more spinach and iron rich foods. two iron tabs a day pretty much take away the BM I have grown accustomed to daily. It's not much, but its nice to count on clearing your bowels at least once a day to make room for more food! And room is one thing we are short on in there lately.
Sleeping is getting better- or maybe I am just getting used to interrupted sleep? I'm sleeping with a B.oppy pregnancy pillow behind my back on the right side, so if I roll over I'm still a bit inclined. Also a pillow under my bump and between my knees.
Still getting up twice to pee each night and drinking more water each time.
Still drinking a gallon of water a day, and peeing every hour.
But I feel pretty great still! Fatigue hits me every so often, but yesterday I went to bed at midnight after having NO nap all day. Big improvement!
Hubby still says I don't look pregnant from behind (but why should I, right? I'm pregnant in the front, not my ass!), and all my prepreggo underwear still fits. I'm using them as a gauge for ass-poundige. Of course, I still have days that I think my legs are fat, or maybe my face is getting fat- but I think those are just girlish insecurities and not based on fact. Pregnancy adds cushion. So let's just go with it and leave our self esteem issues at the door!
Besides, it is so worth it.
I can't wait to meet my little wriggle worm.
In about a month I have another baby shower...and then a family baby shower. I am so excited, but also so overwhelmed! I hate being the center of attention, yet I've dreamed of having a baby shower of my own for years. It's so awkward opening presents and trying to seem excited over them all equally.
And we're acquiring a ridiculous amount of pink in our house.
A friend gave me two bags of baby clothes to sift through, Our moms are already buying stuff, and then we had the shower yesterday.
It is so much fun to wash her clothes in baby detergent and arrange them in her room. It makes it seem more real that she's coming to us. And soon.
I am feeling more confident that she is safe and sound. IF makes us so aware of the horror stories, but we need to remember how many success and NORMAL stories there are. I am healthy. My baby is healthy. She moves all day, every day.
She's going to be her, people. I just know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love this post- it makes me so giddy. I have so many little side comments I want to make...but I'll just say a few:
1) OMG! You are having a baby so soon!
2) I hear you on the pink stuff and presents it's totally overwhelming...just wait until she arrives- People you don't even know will be lining up to spoil you and your girl!
3) Hooray for you not looking pregnant from behind! I looked pregnant form space. And, apparently, according to a few tactless people around town, I still do.
4)give that baby's bottom a spank for me too!
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy...Take care,
Lisa
Such a sweet post! Glad to hear things are going so well. Good luck on the next few weeks!
Yes, she IS going to be here and SOON! :-) Glad to hear things are going well!
OMG, I can't believe that you are almost 31 weeks! How exciting!Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy and get ready for the ride of your life...
Post a Comment