I have wanted to write a post for SO LONG...but how do you describe the wonderment of all of this?
This will be a quick one-typing with one hand with a baby on your arm isn't the easiest thing.
1. my baby is a chunker...she's about 11 lbs now! She turned 7 weeks old today. This is bittersweet for me. I love how interactive she's becoming, but I mourn the squishy newborn that is quickly fading.
2. We are getting more sleep these days. little miss Sunshine is sleeping a good 4-5 hours starting at 11 each night. She is also sleeping more during the day.
3. We have fewer angry-tired babywant to nurse all night-restless crying bouts now. I can't remember the last time it happened. Sometimes if she hasn't slept much during the day, she has a hard time going to sleep. K has resorted on a few occasions to taking her for a drive. This usually does the trick.
4. We are enjoying coos and baby gurgles. She smiles alot, but rarely in response to ours.
5. She still loves to nurse. Some days, every hour.
Last but not least, the LOVE. Oh my God, The love. It is such a whole souled, magical amazing love that I feel for her. It gets bigger and brighter every day. She blows my mind. Motherhood is all that I thought it would be and more. I am so thankful every single day that She is ours forever, and that I finally got here.
I can't believe this is my life. I know why it hurt so bad, trying to conceive. The thought of all this never happening is just too much to bear.
Is this really my life? How did I get so lucky?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Beautiful pics!!!! And beautifully written. They are a gift and a miracle. Congratulations!
she's a beautiful little girl! i know how you feel -- the love really is overwhelming at times.
Aw what a pretty baby! The time flies, I know. But it gets better and better!
Oh my goodness...she's such a sweetheart! How adorable!!! Isn't the LOVE just wonderful?...fills my heart day and night!
YAY FOR A POST! YAY FOR SQUISHY BABY LOVE! YAY FOR PICTURES! She is LOVELY! It sounds like you three are doing awesome. 7 weeks! Wow! So fast! We were looking at pictures of Ruby when she was that age just last night- we were getting quite sappy. I can now understand what it's like for parents to look at their adult children, thinking "What the?", "Where did the time go?" and my little one is just 5 months old!
I think around 6 weeks is when my official memory starts. Those first few months are such a blur...I predict that your princess will be sleeping a lot more soon. Life is going to get a lot more "normal"and although the sleep is nice,in way leaving infancy is quite sappy.
Its good news for us though- We'll probably be hearing a lot more from you!
Lots of Love,
Lisa
Hi there, again!!! I nominated you today for the "I Love Your Blog" award. I know you haven't been able to blog much lately, but you have such a good reason to be too busy to consort with us bloggers lately. Can't wait to hear more stories about how fabulous you're finding motherhood - or even the rough parts too!
xoxo
She's such a beautiful little lady! Thanks for sharing pics and giving us such a beautiful update!
so beautiful!!
You are very lucky, indeed!
Post a Comment