My baby girl is going to be three months old next Thursday.
She is amazing. I know that I'm being redundant, but it's true.
She looks at me while she is nursing, and smiles at me with so much love and innocence. Milk spills from the corner of her mouth and she makes the most adorable noises.
Her cries sound like she's talking now- like she wants so badly to communicate, not just wail anymore. She coos, and sighs exasperatedly. She holds her head up, albeit shakily, and stares lovingly at lights and fans.
She makes the cutest turtle face when something catches her eye. She sucks sloppily on her hand. She breaths faster when she's impatient to eat, and smells like love and milk.
Oh, the smell. So intoxicating. Is it wrong to be addicted to your baby?
She sleeps with abandon, arms spread wide. She grunts and pulls her legs up to fart in the morning. Farting really cramps her style. She sleeps late and wakes up with a milk breath smile, tongue peeking through her lips.
Life.
It's good.
I'm trying so hard to capture it all. But it's too much!
She is almost 14 lbs now. She is sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night, but she only wants to go to bed after 10:30, sometimes 11! This doesn't leave much QT with the hubs. Suggestions? She has hit every milestone right on the nose-but some, like supporting her weight on her legs and grabbing her toys, she's exceled at. She just started scooting by pushing her feet, and she is a tummy time pro.
Thats all for one handed updates':)
Did I mention how much I LOVE the way her breath smells?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
She is adorable! Seriously I feel like I can smell her through my screen with your descriptions and yes, you can absolutely be addicted to your baby! You sound so happy and in love....
She's beautiful! And I hope it isn't wrong to be addicted to your baby, as I am too.
As for getting QT with the hubs, I have no solid advice. Harry also went to bed at 10:30/11 for a good while but we slowly pushed him back a half hour at a time, starting his bedtime routine a little earlier each night. It worked for him and he now goes down at 9 (and sleeps until 7) but I know that doesn't work for every baby. I think that's one of the hardest things -- what works for one baby may not work for another. Good luck!
Yay! So happy to hear from you!
Soleil is certainly a bundle of light and warmth! You sound great too!
I remember Ruby stayed up late at first too. Which was tricky because we are early to bed early to rise type people. We didn't do anything but gradually she just started going to sleep earlier and staying asleep longer.
I can't believe she is already 3 months. Wow!
Take Care
Lisa
Wow...three months. It's amazing how fast the time goes by...it seems like just yesterday that our little ones were born. Julian will be 3 months just after Christmas...amazing.
Enjoy the smell of your little one...I can't get enough of mine!
What a lovely post! Very well written! I have no advice for QT with the hubs, we are still lacking. I think it will be that way for quite a while... Great to hear from you! She is truly beautiful!
Yes we did go out for a quick dinner. This time was an official party night. 5 hours vs 1 hour! Even though she was asleep the whole time we missed her!
What a sweetie! Love the pic! Babies do smell great and your own babies smell even better. I can't wait to bring home our own new sweet smells times two!
Hello-
I am an adoptive mom who went through 4 years of IF.
I recently started a not for profit called Parenthood for Me.org.
Our mission is to provide financial and emotional support to those starting families through adoption and medical intervention.
Please visit my website www.parenthoodforme.org and sign up to be on our mailing list. Please pass the link on to those you know.
I appreciate the help and good luck to you.
Sincerely,
Erica Schlaefer
Post a Comment