Monday, January 12, 2009

Trippin with Baby

We just got back from our first, " mini trip" as a threesome. H had some training to do in a nearby city, so we spent a week in a hotel so he wouldn't have to leave us for that much time.
I was nervous about being away from home with baby for that long...but it went fantastically! She was even more regular with naps and going to sleep at night than she is at home. 4 naps each day, and was asleep by 10 each night. I think she's finally settling into a routine. It's about time! And she is sleeping more deeply during her naps, so I can actually get a few things done now instead of having to hold her so she will keep sleeping. Naps are GOLDEN, as she becomes a very unhappy camper when its bedtime without them, so I would hold her for an hour an a half at a time just to keep her sleeping.
She had a rough 2 weeks or so around 3.5 months, but now she's back to her sunny disposition. She is such a happy, observant little girl. She has the happiest smile I have ever seen, and I love that her best ones are saved for me.
Speaking of baby age though- do you count baby's age in weeks, as in- 16 weeks=4 months, or do you wait until the day of the month that they were born on to consider them a month older? ( born on the 25th. not 4 months until the 25th again?) I am utterly confused, since baby girl turns 16 weeks this Thursday, but it's not the 25th for almost two weeks. When do you stop counting in weeks?
However old my little chunkmuffin is, she is the light of my life. The apple of my eye. My sun on a cloudy day. And however many more cheesy, sappy ways to say that SHE IS AMAZING.
I am becoming quite the multitasker, and my house is actually getting somewhat clean every now and again. I am making dinner regularly again. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and go to the bathroom when I need to.
Life is peaceful and good.

7 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

I wonder this too, I did weeks when I was pregnant and for her first weeks of life...but now it seems like I should do months - but I didn't know if I had to wait until the 4th of each month?

George said...

I usually go by the day baby was born and describe his age in months rather than weeks...I don't normally talk in weeks with people, unless it's my doctor or someone asks specifically.

docgrumbles said...

I am so glad that things are good!

Here I am said...

I have heard when you get to 3 months you can start going by months. So for example since Maya was born on April 8th, I started to say she was 9 months old on Jan 8th. Once you get to 4 months the weeks start to get hard to keep track of, so its much easier to just go by months.

lisalou said...

Sounds like life is as it should be for you and your chunk muffin. Will you come clean my house too?

lisalou said...

Sounds like life is as it should be for you and your chunk muffin. Will you come clean my house too?

Lawry said...

I cheated big time shortly after my son was born because no one could answer that question for me either! LOL I went to a website and got one of those tickers (babygaga.com) Which counts the actual weeks not the date but it really saves the limited brainpower that is left !! LOL