Sunday, January 18, 2009

A year ago today

I waited anxiously for my doctor to call with my beta results.
I was ready for another disappointment. Another month wasted.
I sat on my couch and felt my heart sink, wondering how long I would be able to do this.

My doctor called.
My beta was 22.3 at 12 DPO.
Pregnant.

I felt the blood rush through my body and make my face flush.
I sat with this juicy secret.

My husband was outside working on his car before we went to some friend's house. I went into our garage and casually told him that my doctor found something in my blood test- a possible side effect of my first dose of clo.mid.

Hcg.

He hugged me, but just as my announcement was different "this" time, so was his reaction. Our excitement was tempered with apprehension. We were relieved. And hopeful.
But scared.

Now look at us. A family.
What a difference a year can make.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Coming from a house filled with equal parts of hope an apprehension right now, I really appreciated this post....

I am so happy for you!

Meg said...

Coming from a house filled with equal parts of hope and apprehension right now, I really appreciated this post....

I am so happy for you!

Angie said...

Look at where you are now! I'm so happy for you!

lisalou said...

this makes me so happy I could cry. I won't though because my bundle of love is asleep next to me. Ahhh. Bliss.

lisalou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
docgrumbles said...

Indeed... what a difference! Here's to another great year...

lisalou said...

She is getting tooooo cute! We have that same little orange owl.