Tuesday, February 12, 2008

7.5 weeks

We have made it through another week!

I haven't been as nauseous the past couple of days, so of course that worries me. I still have sore (*)(*) and I don't feel like eating anything...so I guess the nausea hasn't completely subsided. Maybe I'm just used to it now. My Mom never had bad morning sickness-just felt sick sometimes and wanted to throw up once in a while. But she never did. Neither did my Aunts or Cousins, so I'll try not to worry.
I have been ridiculously thirsty. I am exhausted by 9:45 PM . I wake up to a flat stomach and go to bed with one bloated twice the size. weird. I also have this sensation sometimes of my heart beating really fast, like I've just ran down the street, and it catches my breath for a minute or so. Also weird.
I haven't had any spotting or cramping. This continues to be awesome. My next appointment is on Monday, when I'll be 8w2d. My doctor told me that if I make it to 8 weeks with no problem, it is highly unlikely everything won't precede as normal. He likes to air on the side of caution, never giving false hope, so I have been clinging to his words and hoping I make it past the weekend with no scares!
I may have told all of my family. What can I say, I have a big mouth and no censor. Only a few of my friends know. We're hoping we can tell everyone in a couple of weeks or so. Every time we tell someone else, I am excited that they know, and then immediately sick with the idea of having to "untell" them. But part of being optimistic and believing in this pregnancy requires that I act like I would have had I never experienced the tragedy of miscarriage. I will not let that rob me entirely of enjoying every normal minute of this experience. I am PREGNANT, damn it. And everything is going WELL for now.

I'm trying to sit with that. It's harder than I thought it would be, but I'm trying my best.

3 comments:

Cass said...

Congrats again to you!
And don't worry about not feeling "enough" morning sickness ... somehow that's an old wives tale told too many years ... healthy pregnancies come in all forms!
I am 8 weeks today and haven't had one second of m/s and I've never worried about it. But can't wait til my 1st appt where hopefully they'll be able to hear the heartbeat ... and then it's time for us to tell everyone!

Have fun sharing this wonderful news!!

PS. I have the racing heart too sometimes ... yes, weird!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Congrats on making it through another week. I love Sundays, since that's the day when we get to tack another week on :) My doc said the same thing -- if everything looks okay at 8 weeks, the risks go way down. I'm feeling a lot better about things now.

I haven't had any real m/s either -- occasional mild nausea, but nothing worse. I wouldn't worry about it -- my doc said to consider myself lucky, so you should as well.

We're starting to tell parents tonight, but haven't told any friends yet. I need to start doing what you said -- not letting fear rob me of the opportunity to enjoy this. Thanks for the reminder :)

Dr. Grumbles said...

It is hard not to tell. After my first m/c, I swore I wouldn't tell anyone until week 12 when I got pregnant again... then I ended up telling everyone I knew!

Why should we be denied the shouting from the rooftops that the naive and super-fertile get to enjoy???

Glad to hear all is well.