Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ha! Just when I thought I wasn't nauseous enough

Last night I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was crawl into bed at 10:00. I took a long shower and did just that...and became so nauseous I wished I would throw up and get it over with! It lasted about an hour. It was so bad I thought I may have got the awful flu that everyone I know seems to have. The worst thing about this sudden bought of nausea was that I was SO TIRED. I just wanted to sleep and I couldn't! Now I remember why I hate throwing up.
It's that horrible feeling right before.
I woke up feeling fairly ok, grateful that the sick feeling seemed to have passed. Then I was sitting in a auto repair shop around noon and suddenly felt the urge to throw up. Frantic, I went outside, considering which would be more mortifying-the bathroom next to the receptionist desk, or the planter area outside? The bathroom was occupied, so I went outside and sat on the curb, waiting for the worst.
It didn't happen. I am amazed I can feel that urge so strongly and still not hurl! The problem with my particular brand of m/s is that it comes so suddenly, so unexpectedly, that I feel very vulnerable and afraid I'm going to throw up in public. This makes planning errands and outings very challenging.
But I am NOT complaining. Bring it on, baby. Show me what you're workin with.

4 comments:

hammygirl said...

I had that brand too. One minute I'd be totally fine, and the next minute I'd be praying to the porcelain gods. Hope it doesn't stick around too long for you!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Don't think me strange or cruel for saying I am thrilled that you feel so awful!

Here I am said...

I know how you feel-- I spent the first five months nauseous and throwing up. It's not fun-- but SO worth it. So enjoy! : )

Cibele said...

I remember those days ! Lgd to see that things are progressing well