Tuesday, February 19, 2008

8 Weeks and Growing

I had my 8 week ultasound yesterday.This is what we saw:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heartbeats per minute-my doctor said it was "around" 150. (she didn't count for a minute, but I'll trust her.) Baby was measuring 7w6d, which, by my dates from conception (8w1d) is two days off. From what I hear, the measurements can be either +3 or -3 days accurate. S/he was measuring 14mm.

My doctor said everything looked really good. Heartbeat was nice and strong, cervix is long and closed, progesterone normal. As much as I asked them to tell me what my actual progesterone levels were, all they would tell me is that they were above 20 and normal. EErrrh. I think they know I'm obsessive and don't think it neccesary to provide me with details. They said if they don't call me, my levels are normal. Thanks alot! I guess it's for the better, since as soon as I got home, despite her telling me everything looked great and normal, and that miscarriage is highly unlikely at this point- I started googling 8 week ultasounds to see if my bean looked normal. And if 150 BPM was good at this point. And if 14mm was normal for 8 weeks.
SIGH.
I am relieved, yes. I felt incredibly more relaxed after seeing it's little heart still beating away. It's just that once you've seen the other side of statistics in getting this far, it's hard to believe in them being stacked in your favor.

THIS IS GOING TO LAST.THIS IS GOING TO LAST. THIS IS GOING TO LAST.
I WILL BRING HOME A BABY IN SEPTEMBER.
I will repeat this until I believe it.

ps: if you're interested in my 6 week ultrasound, it's in that post now. :)

8 comments:

lisalou said...

I am almost in tears! I am so happy. I remember when we saw our little flashing bean for the first time. It was so amazing that someone was actually in there. Someone with a heartbeat. Someone to love. You will bring a baby home in September. But guess what? You already have.

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad to hear everything is looking really good. That's fantastic!

And your ultrasound looks a lot like mine :)

Here I am said...

This is great news. Keep positive. So happy for you!

Heather said...

Yeah!!! I was getting worried when you didn't have any updates right away. Everything sounds right on track. Congratulations!

Angie said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well!

Dr. Grumbles said...

That is a beautiful sight! Many positive thoughts from now until September!

Cibele said...

YAY!!!!! I am so happy to see that your pregnancy is progressing well. Ma the good news keep coming

lisalou said...

PS. We do not know the sex of our baby...our local clinic doesn't tell.