We are starting to make plans. Plans that involve our wee one and believing that this is all really going to happen.
After touring our local birth center and the hospital my Doctor delivers at, we've decided to have the baby at the hospital. This originally went against my natural earth mama grain, but after asking questions and seeing that the hospital doesn't push things I wasn't comfortable with (i.e, whisking the baby away, continuous monitoring, routine episiotomies, etc.,) and that they actually have means to encourage natural pain relief as long as I want it (jacuzzi tubs, labor balls,) I realized that it doesn't have to be a scary place after all. The facilities are brand new, and there were no hospital noises and that cold hospital feel there.
Since this is my first birth, I have no idea what to expect, and being at the hospital will provide a degree of comfort for me. If I need a c-section, or my baby needs additional support, or the pain of labor is enough to make me want to grab the anesthesiologist and beg him to shoot me up with strongest stuff he has...I'll be in the best place possible.
I'm considering hiring a doula, for that midwifey continuous support and encouragement. We're meeting with a pediatrician that a friend of mine recommended next month. I'm looking into which childbirth classes I want us to take.
And next week...we find out what kind of baby we're getting!
Things are really moving along. I'm feeling lots of movements with this moving along. ;) I feel much more secure and happy, and I believe a little more each day that this is really going to happen.
My squirmy, poopy baby that is going to turn our world upside down is just around the corner!
I'll be 20 weeks, halfway there this weekend. Amazing, amazing, amazing. There is not a day that goes by that I take any of it for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are SO far ahead of me in planning it's impressive. I feel like I really have to move things into gear - which is STILL hard since I am struggling to believe that we WILL actually get a healthy little guy out of this pregnancy!!
Sorry I missed the spotting incident. That is horrible and I would have been 200% freaked out as well. Thank GOODNESS that everything was fine.
Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl.
XOXO
Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl!
Oh my, so exciting!! Congrats on 20 weeks (this weekend!)
Nice work getting started on the planning, my kind of gal.
Your pregnancy seems to be going by so quickly!!
I feel very much the same way you do about having a hospital delivery. If something were to go wrong, I don't think I could forgive myself for not being in the hospital in the first place. I'm so excited to find out if you're having a girl or boy!!! Congrats on 20 weeks!!!
Amazing indeed! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or a girl.
Happy 20 weeks!
I love this post! I can sense the excitement! Hooray!
So glad to hear everything is going well. I had a hospital birth and it was awesome. I didn't have an epidural or any other kind of drugs for pain and the hospital staff was so cool to me! My DD was in the NICU for 10 days (she was 4 weeks premature) and they never gave her bottles or a pacifier once. I was able to stay overnight to nurse once I was discharged. It was a great experience. Here's to the next fabulous 20 weeks!
By the way, you've been tagged!
Post a Comment