Friday, September 07, 2007

Juicy Fruit

That's whats goin on south of MY border.
I'm on my 4 day of EWCM, and if all goes well, I should O by Saturday. We've been gettin it on quite often, so I hope we're covered.
I'm kind of up in the air as to what to do after I O, and I need to decide soon since it's rapidly approaching that time!
I had some weird spotting for a whole week before AF was due last cycle, and continued to have spotting until I miscarried.
My Doctor doesn't have an opinion either way as to if I want to use progesterone this cycle. She says LPD are so rare, and I could have had low progesterone last cycle due to the pregnancy not being viable.
We all know that low progesterone is either the cause or a result of a miscarriage. I don't really want to start progesterone after I ovulate if I don't need it. I'd be locking myself into medication for 12 weeks if I get pregnant, and I am the more natural route type of chick. I already have to stay on Metformin! How many things do I need to take to get preggo? Geez.
But I reeeally don't want to miscarry again for something as simple as low progesterone.
I'm thinking of getting some NPC and using that. It could help. Or should I just let nature run its course and assume my body can do its job?
I really wish my doctor was more knowlegable about this sort of thing. Eeergh.

6 comments:

hammygirl said...

If I were you, I would probably try it naturally one more time. If you get pregnant and miscarry a second time (which I really really hope doesn't happen, because that would totally suck!), then there is definitely cause for more testing and/or intervention. Just my two cents though!

lisalou said...

Sounds good! Good luck. I'm not feeling the preggo vibe for me this month...but "juicy fruit" is a great sign for you!

Dr. Grumbles said...

I agree with Chili's strategy.

Good luck!!!

Heather said...

I agree you should see what happens naturally. Once you start adding artificial hormones to the body, it throws other things out of wack. Lots of luck!

Here I am said...

Hi- Thanks for your comment and I'm sorry about your recent mc. Sounds like you are back on track and I'll be following along your journey- keeping my fingers crossed that it happens fast for you! Good luck!

Loren said...

hmmm. Good thinking, everyone! Better imput than my Doctor's. I think you are right. I'll just go au natural this cycle. :)