Friday was our 5th Anniversary. From Wednesday to Sunday, it was nonstop celebration! On Wednesday, my uncle and aunt took us out for dinner at our favorite restaurant, thursday three of our friends gave us presents, (including an iphone for k- what the heck!) Friday we had a great day- we woke up, gave each other presents, ate lunch, went to see Bee Movie (pretty funny), went shopping, and then out to eat.
A perfect day.
Saturday we went to some friend's house for pizza. On Sunday, my cousins threw a surprise party for us! I have a huge family, so it's hard getting everyone together. I've never had a party with just my cousins- it's usually aunts, cousins, grandparents, second cousins, etc. So a party with 20 of my first cousins was really special. We played the newlywed game, (AND WON!) ate cheesecake and drank champagne, and got more presents!!
I can't remember a more joyful time. We got home late, and I was so wound up I couldn't go to sleep until two.
All in all, this has been our best anniversary yet. Five years, each one spent falling more in love with each other.
On our fourth anniversary, I was sad that I wasn't pregnant yet. I couldn't believe after 3 months we hadn't conceived! I would have never thought we'd go another year without good news. I'm trying to be greatful for all the good in my life and not think about the "one thing missing". I really don't want to pass April 11th of next year (my EDD) and not be pregnant. Ugh, that would be so depressing.
I'm entering my fertile phase. Instead of being full of hope and possibilty, I am doubtful and a little weary. I am tired of trying.
but like they say...life is what happans when you're trying to plan it. Or something like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a very sweet celebration=)
Happy Anniversary! What a weekend!
Happy anniversary-- may this year bring you EVERYTHING you wish for.
Happy Anniversary!
While passing an EDD without a baby or pregnancy is quite depressing (I've already done it twice...sigh), having someone who you know without a doubt is the right partner makes it much more bearable.
I am in the "must be pregnant by the EDD" game with you!
Happy Anniversary, it sounds like you have many friends and family around to help you celebrate. may this next year bring new joys and reasons to celebrate for you!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Sounds like you had a great one. The last line of your blog is absolutely true. I don't think Rylan would be here if I wasn't planning something else for the next month. I had other plans, but thankfully so did life! Does that make sense? Best wishes to you!
Post a Comment