Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blood. Sweat. Tears.

Trying to conceive a baby has brought new meaning to that phrase.


Nope, not this month, says her body. Instead, how bout a round of some more fruitless pain.
And let's get that show on the road at 5am. No need for sleep when you aren't pregnant.

8 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

I'm so sorry, Sweetie.

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I am so very sorry. It sucks. That first day AF shows is always such a horrible day. Not only do you have cramps,bleeding,bloating,modd swings,irritability,cravings,and headaches, you are slapped in the face with "hey you're not pregnant, either". I HATE it. So sorry.

cityprof said...

What everyone else said--I'm so sorry that AF arrived and had the nerve to bring pain with her (along with her usual disappointment). Thinking of you.

lisalou said...

I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Here I am said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I'm so sorry AF showed up. I do know how you feel. I hope this next month is it for you...

JJ said...

=( Im sorry
I feel AF on her way to my door too....want to share some wine??=)

Heather said...

Sorry to hear it didn't work this month.

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Loren,
Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday.

Somehow, you nailed it when you said, "I really hope it's not a translocation. Not knowing is the worst part." I was struggling with this feeling of wanting to know and yet not wanting it to be a translocation. Then bam, you wrote that & I figured it out. I wanted to know it WASNT a translocation rather than FEARING it was. That's why I'm excited about getting tested - so (hopefully) we can be told that's NOT our problem.

And you're right, since my SIL's DS isn't mosacism/translocation, it did not come from the parents, it's not in their genes.

As hard as it was seeing my baby when I passed it, it was comforting to know it HAD been growing in me. I remember your story - the bleeding, repeat betas doubling AFTER bleeding/clots, then the end. I always wondered if maybe you had 2 and one didn't live as long, or maybe the placenta went first in piece, but the baby later? No matter what, I know now what you went through and I'm so sorry. I'm glad the picture helped you "know" what you miscarried was normal in size/features.

Thinking of you.