Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And Then The Hope Thing Again...

After consulting a few friends, one of them being a nurse who has had tons of ovarian cysts in her life, I have come to the conclusion that my weird spotting was due to a little ruptured cyst.
I had been having a throbbing ache that came and went for at least a week- it was really subtle until about Thursday, when it started to concern me. Because of the nature of the ache and the location, I had a sneaky suspiction that it was a cyst. Great, just what I need, right?
It got worse on Friday, (the day of my spotting) and then Saturday, I had a very sharp pain that lasted for a few seconds. That confirmed it for me. That, and after the pain, the spotting and ache went away! According to my friends, this is classic scenario for a not-too-serious cyst rupture.

No more spotting for me! I have hope again. My chart is looking good. I took the weird 2 and 4 day spotting off, since they aren't fertility related....but 3 days later, on the morning of a promising temp dip (7 dpo) I had light, light pink cm! For only one episode!
good signs are among us, people!
And still, no more spotting.

I hope this is my last obsessive sign-searching post for a while. Ehem, for at least nine months.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Good luck to you. I'll be waiting to hear the news.

cityprof said...

Oooh, that does sound promising! My fingers are crossed over here. :)