This morning, my temperature was looking great for 2 DPO (97.9). When I went to the bathroom, I thought for a moment how great it is at this point in my cycle to not have to worry about spotting. I checked the tp, just for habit's sake...and SAW PINK SPOTTING. And LOTS OF IT.
WTH?! Who in the world spots 2 dpo! I couldn't believe the hormonally imbalanced jackpot I've seemed to hit. I went back to bed, completely dejected and defeated. I just never know what my body will throw at me.
I've never had spotting this early in the LP. After consulting Dr. Google, who gives me waaay more info than my Dr. Actual, I am going to tenatively assume the spotting was caused by the drop in estrogen around ovulation, before progesterone takes over. I haven't had anymore today, so that is my best bet.
It better not be that my body is so effed up that it decides to spot for the rest of my 2ww, causing me to believe that me getting pregnant is about as likely as Brittany Spears becoming infertile. Or an upstanding citizen.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this crappy phenomenon? Am I doomed to another unbalanced, no chance in hell of pregnancy cycle or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi there! I, too, have been having spotting during this cycle. It started about CD10 and is still here, 1dpIUI. It SUCKS!!!! Even my RE said, Hmmm, there's a little bit of blood coming out of your cervix...when he did my IUI. He assured me, that while it doesn't happen often, it shouldn't have any effect on whether or not I get the BFP this cycle. Good luck to you!
I get ovulation spotting from time to time. Usually at 1DPO, but I don't think 2DPO is too unusual. Especially since you could have O'd really late in the day.
You might want to discuss it with your doc, but I wouldn't stress too much. It's not super common, but it does happen.
I would also guess it's ovulation spotting, especially since it's stopped already. Wishing you a BFP this cycle!
There is such a thing as ovulation spotting, but it is rare. I thought I had it once, but it turned out to be AF (a 20 day cycle... I just can't have a normal 28 day cycle without meds, it is either my usual loooong cycle or that one freaky 20 day one).
Who knows? Sometimes the female body just likes to mess with us!
I agree that its just our bodies messing with us. I have never had that kind of spotting. But, I will tell you that I have been doing IF cycles for years and every one of them has been a little different?! So, as long as your doctor says you are ok...than you are ok. Stay positive.
:)
Post a Comment