Monday, December 17, 2007

Being Proactive Now

As if obsessively taking my temperature, timing intercourse, proppin up my hips, poppin herbs and omega supplements and prenatals daily, saying farewell to my beloved Starbucks, turning down alcoholic drinks at friend's houses, not lifting my friend's kids after 7 DPO, being afraid of DTD in my luteal phase if I see spotting, and other various TTC OCD tendencies aren't enough...

We have become even more proactive in gettin this baby show on the road.

I went in to my RE's office today for a 8DPO P4- 7 DPO fell on a Sunday, so I hope 8DPO is fair enough- and after filling up on more of my blood, the tech tells me she wants me back in a week for a pregnancy test if AF hasn't come, or a baseline ultrasound if it has.

I know that I am certainly not pregnant, so it will be the ultrasound. And then the CLOMID!

Bring it on, I am ready for it. Nothing can be worse than metformin as far as side effects so. That crap was ruthless. I am getting excited about trying it, after a year of resistance and going the natural route. I know that it's the limit for us as far as our medical attempts to conceive will be. I am not ready for IUIs, or IVF, or I anything except I-ntercourse.

I hope it works. I won't even think about if it doesn't, since my mind won't let me. It has to work. I have a uterus, healthy ovaries, great sperm, and open tubes. THIS HAS TO WORK.

Play along with me.

I hope my progesterone test comes back normal. Hopefully it will give me a window into what we're dealing with.

In unrelated news, has anyone seen "I am Legend"? We saw it on Friday, and all I can say is WHOA. I think it's the saddest movie I have ever seen. It really resonated with me, as I was still thinking about it for two days later. It was very good, very scary, and very sad.

If you need a release and want to cry about something else rather then your current TTC efforts, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I'm here to play along with you for sure....wherever this journey takes the both of us. You sound very ready for this next step.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hope the Big C does the trick.