Today, I will take my last dose of clomid for the month.
Surprisingly, the only side effect I've had is hot flashes, which as Chili so aptly described them-they are more amusing than irritating. I've woken up around 3:00 am every day I've taken it with a ridiculous urge to rip my clothes off and throw the covers off myself, even though it's freezing outside and our heater isn't even on full time yet. It's a strange sensation, these hot flashes: I feel like I'm burning and prickly all over for about 2 minutes. I had it happen a couple of times during the day,too-once at Officemax, and the other time in my living room when I frantically ordered my husband to put our fire out. He thought it was pretty funny, since I had previously been normal and sane and enjoying our cozy evening by the fire.
All in all, I would have to say my experience with Metformin was a million times worse. Seriously. And I was afraid to give clomid a shot because of the horror stories I've heard! Hot flashes in the middle of the night are nothing compared to having the runs four times a day. (yeah. It happened. So what if it's tmi.) At least I'll be prepared for menopause.
I am not feeling particularly hopeful that clomid is going to be our magic pill. I HOPE it is, and I know it's done the trick for so many lovely TTCers...but it is so hard for me to envision getting past this point and bringing home a live, squirmy little offspring for us to love for the rest of our lives. The past 15 months have brought no satisfaction and no gain. Knowing that I'm putting my ovaries into overdrive and pumping out loads more estrogen with clomid isn't even enough for me to think it will work.
Hubster is going out of town next week. I'm supposed to O anywhere from Friday to Tuesday...Hopefully it's sooner than later, since he's leaving tuesday.
Thank you all for all of your lovely encouraging words! They mean so much to me. I'm hoping we'll all be done with this phase of our lives soon... It's getting pretty old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so hoping this will be the cycle for you guys! It can't hurt right? We didn't follow the every other day from day 12-20 "timing" so maybe that was the key to our success - that we didn't follow every single rule. I am glad the hot flashes didn't last too long for you. I got them so often and at work when I was in pretty clothes, thinking constantly that everyone would see sweat dripping from my body. Its funny to laugh about now though. GOOD LUCK!!! And Happy New Year!
I only had horrible side effects when my doc went over the recommended max dosage (hmmm....don't they call it "max" for a reason?). I got horribly constipated and got blurred vision...not fun. Hope you don't get any of that.
Clomid didn't get me pregnant, but it did give me a nice perfect 28-29 day cycle, and that was very nice. At least I know it is possible.
Wishing you the best with the big C!
Glad to hear that Clomid wasn't as bad as you were expecting. Hang in there.
Happy New Year and lots of luck!
I've got my everything crossed
Post a Comment