Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Progress

75% effaced.
One "fingertip" dilated.
Baby girl is very low and engaged.
Doctor says I will most likely have a fast labor, not too much pushing, and that everything looks perfect for where I am in my pregnancy.
We also saw our little sweet pea again...she's getting chubbier! She was blowing bubbles and sticking her bottom lip out- and yes, she is definitely all girl. ;)

I'm having more pelvic pressure, backache, and shooting pains in the girly regions...I'm waddling a bit by nighttime.
My doctor goes out of town next week...I hope my little squirmer stays put until after that! Im feeling the nesting urge more and more every day, trying to get everything taken care of so I don't have to think about anything for the next couple of weeks. Next on the agenda-more cleaning, stocking up on food and other necessities.

I don't know how I'll ever be truly ready!

7 comments:

George said...

I don't think we can ever be completely ready - sounds like you are in a good place already!

Cass said...

Hi Loren -
I'm coming out of my 'blog lurking-ness' to finally post a comment! I've been a faithful reader for some time, and especially these past months as I'm actually only 4 days ahead of you, waiting for our first Little One. (the mystery babe yet to be revealed!)
I hear you on, "how will I ever be ready?". I have lists upon lists these days, trying to get to a little of this and that every day. And some days I'm hardly motivated so it's hard to feel as though I'm getting anywhere. We've been doing major renovations the past 4 months so that has added an extra element and now that list has been handed over to my hubby and I'm kept more than busy with the setting up/ready for baby/ready for labour/food stocked in the freezer lists!
Can't wait to hear of your girl's arrival soon enough and I hope you have a wonderful and relaxed delivery. Congratulations to you both!!

Heather said...

Sounds like it's going to be soon! I'm so excited for you! BTW, you may go when your doctor is on vacation. I was four weeks early and went into labor when my doctor was on vacation. My mom jinxed me. I told her my appt that week was with another doctor, because mine was on vacation. She predicted I would go that week, because that's what happens!

lisalou said...

I am crapping my pants over here! Okay, that's a bit gross...but I am just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
excited for you. Your baby is on her way! Also, 90 people! That's a lot of onsies ;)

docgrumbles said...

wow - so exciting!

I got to see the couple pic in my Bloglines feed, You two are quite the attractive couple!

Angie said...

Wow! You are so beautiful!! What a good pic! I feel like I should tell you that I was dilated almost to 6, and 90% effaced when I went in to be induced and I ended up pushing for over 2 hours. My doc said the same thing, few short hours of labor and a few minutes of pushing. BUT, Rylan is stubborn like his dad, so hopefully your little girl will come out super quick. HUGS to you!

Angie said...

Hey, I saw your picture in bloglines (my reader) but once I clicked go to your actual blog, it wasn't there. I just thought you had it rigged to do that.