It is amazing how hope has a way to creep back into your life after yet another failed cycle.
This cycle will be the 12th month since we started trying. But,alas...only the 7th or 8th cycle of ovulation. So do I assume we're infertile? Or wait until we've had 12 tries?
Whatever. These are simply formalities to make me feel worse or better. So I'll just assume nothing.
I have a friend that is 6 months pregnant. She tested when her period was due, and it was negative. She figuered she wasn't pregnant, especially when her period came a couple days later. It lasted 7 days. Normal period and everything! The next month she tried again, and tested Positive! Well, when she was 8 weeks pregnant, she started bleeding HEAVILY. Leaking Amniotic fluid. When they got to the hospital, the ultrasound showed a perfectly healthy fetus, with no strss to the fluid or the placenta. But it was measuring 12 weeks and NOT 8 weeks.
Yes. She had a period when she was in fact pregnant.
The doctors say the only explanation is Vanishing Twin Syndrome- where one twin dies- and twins do run in both sides of their families. Like I said, She is 6 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy, and hasn't had anything weird happen since. When she thought she was miscarrying, it was heavy,heavy bleeding that lasted 4 weeks, like a miscarriage.
SO weird, right?
Anyway. Just thought I would share. But now, this story will be in the back of my mind every time my period is late.
Hubby is getting his SA this friday. I'm praying for happy healthy swimmers-for all the obvious reasons, but also for my wonderful husband's emotional state- he would be crushed with less than steller results, and I really would like to spare him from any pain ever. In life. BUt especially when it comes to this. Isn't it enough that I feel like crap over my irregular cycles?
Wish us luck. :) And I wish all the best to all of you starting new cycles or finishing the last ones. We are not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a strange story! Wow! Good luck to your hubster. My hubby did it and it wasn't too bad. Not sexy, but not hideious.
When R had his SA done, and it came back good, a friend of mine (a very fertile friend, of course) asked if if I was hoping that it would be bad so that I would know that it wasn't "all me" that was the problem. I looked at her and said "Are you crazy? If we had to deal with male factor on top of *all* of my issues? No I didn't want his SA to come back bad!".
When do you get results?
I *think* the rule of thumb is that less than 9 cycles a year is important to check with your doctor. I started charting last August, and I'm on my fifth charted cycle (Ave. 74 days). We hadn't hit the year mark yet (May) when I went to my family doc (March), but once I showed her my charts she said we better get testing because waiting another couple of months wasn't going to help anything.
Post a Comment