I almost don't want to post this, since it made me so sad and I'm not sure I'll want to remember it later!
We were out from 2:30-10:00 tonight, at my uncle's house for some family time, and when we got home- My baby girl came to greet me as usual. I didn't look at her closely, since I had to pee really bad. I run to the bathroom, and she followed me as usual. As soon as I was sitting down, I noticed that she was pawing at her face anxiously. I could tell this was serious right away- she was frantic. I call my husband, and when I picked her up, I saw that her tooth was caught in her coller! Her jaw was forced open, and her whole front was sopping wet.
She kept pawing until I held her upright as hubby freed her. It was tight, and her gum was bleeding. :( I have no idea how long it was like that! She was shaking and hiding in the nook of my arm. It took her a good half hour to calm down...and then she was lathargic.
She looks as bad as she did coming out from anesthesia when she had a tooth pulled.
It broke my heart to think of her struggling while we were gone. She is exhausted, sleeping in her bed right now. It also breaks my heart that she still came to greet me, and followed me into the bathroom even though she was so frantic and uncomfortable.
:( I gave her a baby aspirin. I hope her little doggy memory erased this episode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw, your poor doggie. I hope she's doing okay.
Hope she is feeling better. You must be an awesome mother if she dropped everything to welcome you home.
Post a Comment