Friday, May 04, 2007

I think this metformin stuff is helping!

So my period is over (AWESOME!) and it is such a relief that it only lasted 5 days like it normally does. That last cycle had me soo worried,and I didn't know what to expect! Before I knew it was *officially* over, I talked to my doctor's nurse about what to do if it went on and on again- she told me to up my dosage of metformin to 2000mg. WTH?! Since I think it's helping me at 1500, (this last cycle, which already was 3 weeks of bleeding into it when I started metformin, was only 35 days! and my face is clear, clear, clear.)I think I'm going to stay right where I am.
Too much diebetes medication when I don't have diebetes scares me. Besides, I think that since if I DO in fact have PCOS, it is a very mild case of it, and I only weigh 120 lbs. Already as it is, my BMI is considered on the low side for TTC, and being on metformin has reduced my appetite a bit.
So I am excited about this cycle. I hope it's NORMAL. 28 days would be GREAT, but I'll settle for 30-32!
I took my grandmother grocery shopping this morning. I think that at 91 years of age, she is finally getting old.I'm not too happy about that.

2 comments:

lisalou said...

Hi! I am glad your cycle seems to be settleing down. I've been on Met since January and it seems to be regulating my cycles too. I was nervous about taking medication too but if it helps me get my baby I'll be stoked.

Loren said...

I feel the same way. and its nice to have you in my "boat" to see how you're doing on it, too!