I had an awesome day with my cousin's new wife, Cil. She is so sweet, so cute, so honest..I can't say enough nice things about her. Have you ever met someone and clicked INSTANTLY? it is a great feeling, and so rare, unfortunately.
I have been branching out lately, trying to be more sociable than usual. Sometimes friendsips grow stagnant, and the best way to revive the ones you have is to grow a few around them. I've been trying to do that lately.
On another note. Is it weird that I have my daughter's name picked out, but not a son's name? I feel slightly guilty for wanting one gender so desperately over another. I would love a little boy, I'm sure- but I would adoooooore having a little girl. When I picture getting pregnant, it is with a girl. I think that's probably not the best idea, since I really don't want to be dissapointed over the sex of the baby, of all things. There are enough legitimate worries to have without throwing gender in the mix.
I think part of the reason I feel so strongly about it is that my father died when I was 17 months old. I grew up without a dad, and two brothers who I always sensed my mother loved more than me. She just couldn't relate to me as well. I know my husband would be the most amazing dad to a little girl, and I would love to see that. to give that to a little girl, something I never had- plus, I would be giving her a mother that wanted more than anything to have a little girl.
So, yes. She is already named. and one of my biggest fears is that I won't ever have her, just a bunch of boys! how crazy is that, when I am having such a hard time getting pregnant in the first place?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We've had a name for our hopeful baby girl for ages. We still can't agree on a boy's name. I always picture a girl too...I think it's because I am a girl.
Don't feel bad. I know I don't. Of course, I'd be happy with any number/gender of healthy babies at this point.
Post a Comment