As I type this, I sit in my little antique chair in my bedroom, my hair piled up on my head,soaked in medium brown dye. On a whim today, I got my hair cut, and then, on another whim: decided the cut would be better darker. I know that spring is here, and summer just around the corner- if anyone is dyeing their hair today it's probably lighter. sme highlights or something. I feel that my inner self is more brunette than my hair testifies.
I needed a change.
I bought a dress for the wedding this weekend. After scanning every store at the mall, two boutiques and a discount store, I finally found a chocolate brown chiffon dress that will be perfect after alterations. It was only 23 DOLLERS. can you believe that. the alterations cost 3 more dollars than the dress did.
As I stood in front of the mirror at the seamstress's in my green sneakers and ponytail, wearing this dress that is 3 sizes too big, I asked the little korean women with safety pins in her mouth if she could even out some fabric that was billowing under my right boob. "It only looks like that because you are looking. don't look so hard. I think if you got a bigger bra you would be fine. Something padded, yes?"
um, how about NO. Aren't you altering it? Then go ahead and focus on the dress, not my lack of boobs. Your no Dr. 90210.
My doctor is suposed to call me tomarrow about making sure this period doesn't last the rest of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment