Friday, January 25, 2008

Again, with the rollercoaster

Thank you guys for your encouragement and stern council to stop reading statistics. I won't put any more stock in them!

Last night at midnight, strong cramps (like pms cramps, very scary) woke me up from a deep sleep. They lasted about five minutes, but they were far too much like miscarriage cramps. After they went away, I got very nauseous. I, of course, called my doctor this morning. The nurse said I should come in for a sono- but that, she,too, experienced the same thing with her pregnancy and everything was fine.
So, we rushed down to the office and waited. I didn't have any spotting or any more cramps, so I was feeling pretty optimistic. I was just exhausted and nauseous.
My doctor pulled out his handy vag wand, and congratulated me on being sick. He said 4w5d was too early to see the baby, which I already knew. But he saw that my lining was nice and thick, and that my right ovary had a pretty big corpus luteum cyst with fluid around it. He suspected that is where my cramping came from. They did a progesterone test, and he gave me a Rx for progesterone to keep the cramps away, and to prevent a m/c since he knows I am deathly afraid of that. He said he'll see me a week from Monday to see the heartbeat, and that everything looks great.
I asked him about that scary clomid stat. He told me what I knew already but needed to hear from a doctor- that the stat includes women of all ages with various fertility problems. He told me that once you get pregnant, it becomes a matter of age, and that I am no more likely to miscarry than any other 24 year old who got pregnant with no meds would be likely to have another miscarriage. Since many of my friends have suffered a mc and went on to have healthy pregnancies and children, I will take this information to heart and stop thinking the worst.
Right now, all is good and nothing could be better. I must resonate with that. Today, I have nothing to worry about. Just ask my doctor.
********************************************
UPDATE:
My doctor called me with my progesterone and beta results for today. progesterone:20, hcg: 1,040!!! doubling time- 1.76 days. AWESOME!!!!!

7 comments:

Angie said...

I was so scared at the beginning of your post. I'm glad that things are looking good! I look forward to hearing about your ultrasound.

Meg said...

Seriously, I was just on the edge of my chair. What a great visit with a scan fix and awesome numbers!

lisalou said...

I think I am grounding you from playing doctor google for a while missy! You are freaking me out!
I am glad your doctor comforted you and I am super glad that all is well!
Keep up the good work of growing your baby.

Cibele said...

I have so much cramping during my first 2 weeks. It was scary, I know, but they seem to be normal. Yay for a strong beta! Bucked up, this rollercoaster ride will last many more weeks... but it is all worth it

Heather said...

Glad to hear you went in to be checked. Better safe than sorry. Congrats on the beta results!!!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Yayyyyyyy!!!!

Hoping for a heartbeat in a week (it will still be early).

Here I am said...

So happy for you-- wishing you the very best with this pregnancy!