I have been feeling nauseous for the past two weeks. My (*)(*) ache, I take naps like my grandmother, and I am always thirsty.
I am afraid to vacuum, to lift groceries, to open the room that my husband is painting for fear I will poison/dislodge the little embryo that we have already grown so much to love.
p.s...we haven't DTD since we found out. I just can't do it! When did any of you preggos decide it was safe to? I know that they say if the pregnancy is threatened or if you have a history of miscarriages you should avoid it during the first trimester at least- but although this pregnancy is going smoothly so far, the m/c I had four months ago is enough of a history for me! How do you get your mind out of protection mode?
My ultrasound is Monday...I'm counting down the days for a chance to see a heartbeat. At this same time during my last pregnancy, it was already over. This time is so different,yet I can't completely give in to being blissfully happy and expectant that all is well. With each passing day I feel a little more confident, especially since it seems that there is no spotting going to happen any time soon for this chick!
Thank you for all of your cheers and well wishes...I know you all are always with me, cheering for my little bean and for all of our little beans in the making or in the future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We haven't DTD since the BFP either, for the same reason. Like you, the one miscarriage 4 months ago was enough of a history for me. If things are still okay in there as of the next u/s on the 11th (at 9 weeks), maybe I'll let up.
Good luck Monday!
I honestly can't remember when we DTD after we found out... Now I'm curious. Glad to hear you're feeling sick. ;-)
You're having an ultrasound already? Is this b/c of previous problems?
I think I'm just slightly ahead of you (now 6 weeks, 2 days) and am just going in today for the "official" confirmation ... aka, another pee stick!
This is our first and so everyone's timeline in going to the dr and/or ultrasounds is just so different, it's confusing!!
Because of my history of miscarriages - I've had two - we probably wouldn't DTD for the first trimester either. It's just such a nerve-wracking time, couldn't get in the mood.
Glad to hear you're feeling sick. Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound.
We DTD only once with my last pregnancy... trust me, it was NOT GOOD. Too much fear.
Yay for sickies!
Hoping for HB!
Second trimester I think was the only time(s). I was puking the first three months and my belly was so big during towards the end that all I did was lay on the couch. I think my husband was more weirded out by dtd than I was. After we knew the babies were viable (24ish weeks) then the stress went down a lot.
Post a Comment