I spent one day extremely optimistic about this pregnancy.
And then, I read that Clomid has a live birth rate of 30-60%.
What the hell? Are you serious? That doesn't sound too good.
I'm trying to think about my good betas, my constant low grade nausea, sore boobs and fatigue, coupled with no signs of bleeding...but that statistic scared the crap out of me!
And despite promises to myself, I told two cousins today that I was pregnant. Nice. I should have said, I have a 30-60% chance of having a baby in 8 months.
Someone talk me out of my crazies. And make me shut my big mouth. I'm not even five weeks yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are excited and telling people without thinking first is totally okay!
About the Clomid- there are awful stats for everything you put into your body. Do not pay attention to them...if you need to look into it, look at the factors leading to those stats...I bet woman's age, time trying, months on Clomid and other factors play a HUGE part.
No numbers to freak you out anymore....numbers are toxic at this point.
STOP READING THOSE STATISTICS!!! It can drive you crazy. You have great evidences do be very optimistic about this pregnancy. Hold on to those and keep on believing. What were the odds of you conceiving the first time on clomid???/ 10% or lower, and you did it!!
Take a deep breath and relax. You have no idea exactly how those statistics were gathered or like Meg said the factors leading to those stats. You are pregnant and doing well. And while you're at it, stay away from Dr. Google too.
As someone who teaches stats...don't trust stats!
Keep in mind that the live birth rate from completely "natural" conception is actually pretty low (as low as 50% depending on which numbers you trust).
Let's just wish and hope and cheer you on that you'll be in that successful, live birth category.
Hi!
I just had a quick skim through the past few months of blogs ... and wow, what similarities! Congratulations on this fabulous, long awaited news -- I can relate! I just experienced the magical shock of a +hpt last week after 25 months of very much trying. This was my 3rd cycle of Clomid, plus I am on Met for my insulin resistance, and had an HSG a few months ago. So whether it was a combo of those factors or we'd just waited enough, who knows, but we're over the moon and continue to be cautiously optimistic. Enjoy these first few euphoric days and weeks!
I'm sure things are just fine. Please quit reading those numbers!!!
Post a Comment