.feeling your dream fade along with your symptoms
.weeping in the shower as the cramping starts
.seeing your husband cry while he tries to comfort you
.taking down the pregnancy calandar a good friend bought you, that you already have filled in with important dates
.getting your blood taken for the second time, when you don't even want to leave your house, and you know exactly what the test is going to say anyway
. getting an email a day late from your excited husband with the ending words, "I love you mommy."
I'm feeling better today. I think. I've heard many stories from my band of women,some personal, of miscarriages that were followed by quick conceptions a month or two afterwards. I hope I am one of the lucky, not one of the chronic miscarriers. One can only hope. There is a theory that a women is more fertile for the 3 months following a miscarriage, since your body is primed for pregnancy. I'm holding on to that with everything I have, I don't care if there is not an ounce of truth to it.
I just need to be pregnant again. And stay pregnant.
Thank you all for your comments. It warmed my heart to see you rooting for us. I'm rooting for you all, as well. I hope you know that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I very much hope you get pregnant and stay pregnant. This period of time will hurt, for emotional and hormonal reasons. I wish you much strength and support during this awful time.
I'm so sorry.
It's no fun, but it's true, you are very fertile now. I am one of the lucky ones - less than a month after my miscarriage in January (at almost 8 weeks), I was pregnant, and am now 26 weeks. It can happen. It will happen.
(p.s. Lisa sent me)
I am so so very sorry...no words can heal the pain, but just know you have a lot of ladies sending prayers for you and your husband today...and for many days to come.
Hugs and healing to you....
I am so sorry for your loss, Loren. There is nothing I can say to make the pain go away right now, but I hope you find peace soon. And know that there are so many of us out here to support you.
Loren, I just started reading and I am so sorry to hear about this miscarriage. Its an awful thing to go through and I hope you have plenty of family and friends to be there for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. You deserve to be a mom like everyone else.
I'm so, so sorry. I know that there isn't anything I can say to help. It just sucks so much!!
I'll be thinking about you guys.
I'm so sorry. I'll be hoping for you as well in the months after this one. I can tell you my best friend (in real life) did get pregnant the exact month after her first miscarriage. Her little girl is turning 1 this September. (((hugs)))
You're in my thoughts and prayers--I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you get pregnant again very quickly, and I hope you're able to get some peace around this awful loss. Hugs.
I hope it does work for you. I'm here, cheering for you.
I like the sound of enhanced fertility! I could jump on that train! I am all about myths and baby making rumours. I hope it'a true! Good luck and may the force be with you.
Loren, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you and hoping for all the best in the weeks and months to come.
I'm sorry.
I am one of the lucky ones too. M was conceived the very next cycle after a miscarriage, and that pregnancy (despite my fears after the m/c) was absolutely textbook.
Will be thinking of you.
I've been there and I know how you feel. I AM SO SORRY! Hugs
Post a Comment