So it turns out that my doctor NOT calling me Thursday with my results was a GOOD thing.
I called my doctor's office today and left a not-so-nice message about them not calling me with my beta results, but thanks anyway I already miscarried. Five hours later my Doc's nurse calls me and tells me...that my beta doubled. it was 28 on thursday, exactly double from tuesday's 14.
WTH?!
That news would have completely got my hopes up, only to miscarry the very next day! As it was, I skipped a breath when she told me, visions of the two glasses of wine I drank Friday night; and did I REALLY pass that tissue?
Of course I did. But it scared the crap out of me. Did I will it to happen? Did my wailing and stressing out completely over the spotting cause it to become a full blown m/c?
I know just as well as all of you that this is not the case. That by the time spotting happens, the embryo almost certainly is gone. But STILL. I wondered.
She said sometimes it doubles right before it falls, and that I should POAS tomarrow morning.
I don't have a single test in the house, and didn't really want to get one.
Facts: The betas,although doubling, were really,really low. I did pass tissue, undenyably like nothing I have ever seen in all my menstruating years. I had cramping, and I am still spotting almost a week later.
I am NOT pregnant.
Just tell that to my heart. Stupid betas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So um, any news? I mean, I wondered if you'll go POAS just to make sure....
I too have heard a lot of stories it seems about women getting pregnant soon after a m/c, so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. Certainly I'd be hoping/praying for that..
SO Sorry you've had to go through this...
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was 24 when we started TTC. :) Wish I were still there again, but yeah it's nice to "meet" someone near your age in the same boat.
I'm glad you didn't get that call either...
Sorry for the mind games.
You really didn't need this confusing bit of news.
Post a Comment