Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The plot thickens

I didn't think that this emotional rollercoaster could get any worse.
My beta came back at 202, doubling time since beta last week...2.10 days.
Apparantly, according to my doctor?
Still pregnant.
She said I could have 1.) passed a twin embryo 2.) passed cervical tissue 3.) passed endometrium tissue 4.) some other medical mystery.
She said that I need to get a beta done next week to see my levels, since I am worried and, OH YEAH- I bled for five days.
She told me not to worry about the ibuprofen and wine cooler I had when I believed I was miscarrying. "Isn't that a really LOW number?" I asked incrudiously.. "Not exactly. It's more important that its steadilly increasing. But right now, things are looking pretty good."

I have no words.

What should I MAKE of all this? I am so worried that those numbers are so low! That it's not for keeps! That I freakin drank alcohol at 4.5 weeks pregnant and took 4 IBUPROFENS!!! What the hell man!
We are stunned, gunshy, and afraid to get our hopes up.
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHGGGGHHHHHHHHH! What should I think about all of this?!

9 comments:

hammygirl said...

First of all, don't worry at all about the ibuprofen or the alcohol. From what I understand, ibuprofen is bad for implantation and in the third tri, but use in early pregnancy isn't a big concern. And plenty of people who aren't trying to get pregnant get *plastered* early on and don't hurt anything. One wine cooler wouldn't hurt anything.

Secondly, I really hope that your doctor is right and that you are still pregnant. I'm sure it's a total mindfuck for you, but try not to stress tooooo much before your next beta. I know that's not easy though, so feel free to ignore the assvice. ;)

BigP's Heather said...

Holy Cow, I'm stunned!

I agree with Chili, the wine cooler is definitely nothing to get worried about. I wouldn't think the ibuprofen would either. I personally know a couple people who either got shitty drunk and/or did drugs before they found out they were pregnant and they have perfectly fine children now. So, no worries there.

This is probably one of the greatest mind fucks I have ever heard of in my entire life. How long do you have to wait for your next beta? However long it is, it is totally worse than the 2ww. I'm sorry.

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I can't believe this.... I'm sure hoping it's one of the above mentioned ideas, and that there's a perfectly healthy little baby in there! What a rollercoaster - when POAS's and Betas don't make you feel better! Will they do an ultrasound???

Loren said...

I know, it's pretty bad! My next beta is a week from yesterday. My husband and I were just saying how this is going to be a really bad 2WW, since 2 weeks from now we're getting a sonogram.This is SOOO weird.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Please tell me they plan to do an ultrasound next time! It wouldn't show much yet, but it would at least show if there is a gestational sac in the uterus.

OMG - what a load of mindgames! I would love for this to turn out to be the most pleasant surprise ever!

Heather said...

Wow! My fingers and toes are crossed for you. I also wouldn't worry about ibuprofen or a wine cooler at this point. Hang in there. Can't wait to find out the next beta results and an ultrasound would be nice, just to see what's cooking.

cityprof said...

Oh my LORD! I fall behind in reading your blog for a couple of days and I come back to all of this news??! I am (cautiously) thrilled for you and this surprise, and I really hope the increasing beta means exactly what increasing betas usually mean--an honest to goodness viable pregnancy. And then what a story you will be able to tell about the drama surrounding this kid's conception! Don't sweat the ibuprofen or wine cooler for a second.

JJ said...

Oh sweetie Im so sorry you are on this dreadful roller coaster--Id be screaming too! I will be checking in on you...

lisalou said...

Sorry about the potty mouth, but, WHAT THE FUCK? And HOLY CRAP! I am so excited/scared/excited/scared....
Keep me posted!